ACC 8th National Muster October 13-19 Oct 2014
Bushtrekker Branch Formed
The 30th branch of the ACC was formed at the recent Chairman's muster at Maryborough.
This branch will be known as the Bushtrekkers and is centered around the SE of Queensland.
The Bushtrekker's focus will be on independent camping at unpowered venues such as State forests, National Parks and other more natural campgrounds. Musters and tag-a-longs are planned with an emphasis on active participation in visiting local attractions and outdoor activities.
Their first muster will be held at Biggriggen Camp Grounds, near Rathdowney, from August 14th to 19th.
Any current ACC members or others interested and wishing to come along to visit are welcome to attend.
(Please note that this is an unpowered venue though showers and toilets are available.)
A new Branch for Western Australia
Following a highly successful 2014 Perth Caravan and Camping Show and follow up Meet and Greet at Willowbrook Farm Caravan Park, West Gin Gin, the board approved the formation of a third branch for WA on the 8th May 2014. To be known as the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers the branch has started with 25 enthusiastic members (13 member units).
All branch members have now met for the first time at their inaugural muster held at Goomalling on the weekend of 13th- 15th June 2014 where the new branch committee was elected and a great time was had by all. Judging by the friendliness, enthusiasm and commitment, it is apparent that the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers have begun on an extremely sound footing.
We welcome the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers as the 28th Branch of the ACC and trust that members have many happy musters in the years ahead.
President: Doug Meikle
Vice President: Brian Currie
Secretary: Monika Schatz
Treasurer: Bev Godfrey
Muster Coordinator: Debbie Depiazzi
Quick Links for Mobile Devices
Our current website template sometimes makes accessing information on the website from a mobile device, iPad, Tablet etc., difficult. Until we can resolve the issue, we've set up a series of links to all the pages on the site under the Help Tab in the Links to Menu Items for Mobile Devices
There is also a red button on the left of most pages that will take you straight to the links page.
Held at the Rural Youth Centre at Carrick in Northern Tasmania, the Tassie Travellers manned a Show Stand for the ACC. 760 exhibitors attracted almost 60,000 people over 3 days & we had our share. We talked to about 200 people, handed out 187 applications, signed up about 15 on the day with many opting to join online because of application details & payment methods.
Topics & issues were similar to any caravan group with the Spirit of Tasmania access & cost being top of the list. Much forum comment on the Spirit revolves around visitors to Tasmania---spare a thought for Tasmanians heading for the warmer climes-we battle for a booking as much or more than you as visitors. We believe access & capacity relief may be in sight, we’ll keep you posted.
ACC lobbying efforts, KIT & Lone Trekkers, the benefits of Branches in all States, budget camping, Insurance & a myriad of other topics kept 6 of us busy. It was interesting to see people actively seeking us out, looking for advice & asking questions. No touting needed!
The Show has provided good publicity for the ACC, showed us where we can expand as a Branch, & highlighted the growing RV community. Worth all our efforts with a big thank you for all the advice we received in the lead up & a great team effort from our volunteers.
If you get a chance to visit AGFEST while you’re in Tasmania, do so. It’s held at the same time each year with exhibitors catering for every possible interest-it’s not just an agricultural field day, it attracts as many townies as country people.
The young people of Rural Youth run an exceptional event-it’s worth a visit to see how they make it all happen, & contribute $30M to the economy on the way.
The way they run the car parking in paddocks has to be seen to be believed!
New branch formed in Sydney
We are excited to announce the formation of a new branch in the Sydney region named the “ACC Sydney Explorers”.
Page 1 of 5<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next > End >>
Member Sign In
- ACC Border Hoppers - Mt. Beauty Muster (September 26, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Golden Westerners - Tagalong to National Muster (September 28, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Moreton Bay Drifters - Tag Along to National Muster (September 28, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Tassie Travellers - Huonville Muster (October 03, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Gippsland Gypsies - Tagalong to Lucindale National Muster (October 05, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Brisbane Roustabouts - Tag-Along to National Muster (October 06, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Northern BushWhackers - Tag-Along to National Muster at Lucindale (October 07, 2014 10:00)
- ACC 2014 National Muster and AGM at Lucindale SA (October 13, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Moreton Bay Drifters - Tag Along Home from National Muster (October 20, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Western Wallabies - GinGin Muster (October 24, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Southerly Busters - Huskisson Muster (October 24, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Brisbane Roustabouts - Poona Palms Muster (October 24, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Northern BushWhackers - Yarrowitch Muster (October 25, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Murray River Ramblers - Boomanoomana Muster (October 31, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Sydney City Slickers - Snowy Mountains - Hig Country Tag-Along (November 01, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Country Cruisers - Allawah Muster (November 05, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Border Hoppers - Forges Pump Muster (November 07, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Brisbane Roustabouts - GC Seafood Buffet Cruise (November 09, 2014 12:00)
- ACC Swan River Rovers - Cookernup Muster (November 14, 2014 10:00)
- Southern Nomads - Yarrawonga Muster (November 14, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Family Firesiders - Elanda Point Muster (November 14, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Wide Bay Burnett Nomads - Tin Can Bay Muster (November 14, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Sundowners - McClaren Vale Muster (November 21, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Hunter Ramblers - Karuah Jetty Muster (November 21, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Southern Cross Overlanders - Murray Bridge Muster (November 21, 2014 10:00)