Tablets and The Club Website
The current template used for the Club's Website often causes problems for menu selection for those using iPads, Androids Tablets, iPhones etc.
We're working on migrating to a new template that will be much more friendly to mobile users.
It's a fairly complex task and in the meantime we've set up a page under the Help Menu item Links to Menu Items for iPads and iPhones
This page contains links to the menu items on the Club web site and can be used in the interim by mobile users until we get our template updated.
Members will need to sign in first before using the links to the members only areas.
National caravan rally set to boost Mudgee tourism
A national rally of recreational vehicle (RV) and caravan owners in October is expected to inject up to $250,000 into the Mid-Western Region economy.
Around 250 caravan and RVs are expected to attend the Australian Caravan Club’s annual rally at the Australian Rural Education Centre (AREC) in Mudgee from October 14 to 20.........Read More........
BlazeAid needs Volunteers
BlazeAid is seeking volunteers to help repair fire-damaged farm fencing at our Bookham base camp.
If you can spare some elbow grease and want to help fire-affected farmers get back on their feet, then BlazeAid needs you.
Camps are set up at Bookham to organize teams of volunteers to help repair and replace damaged fences in the Bookham & Harden areas.
How to volunteer. www.blazeaid.com.au/volunteering-information/
How to donate. Call the Bookham Camp Coordinators: Gary & Colleen and Col. on 0428 782 114
2013 National Muster Registrations now open
REGISTER NOW FOR THE NATIONAL MUSTER
Firstly a big thank you to everyone who has assisted to get the new muster venue over the line. Once the obstacles of moving the muster from Nowra were overcome so many people have rallied to ensure the success of the new venue at AREC in Mudgee.
After much reorganisation and reshuffling we have managed to put together a fantastic programme for the National Muster at Mudgee. The local community and organisations have been so supportive, a pleasant surprise!!
We have taken on board comments from prior musters as to what our members would like included in the Muster programme. For those who attend it will be up to you what you choose to be involved in. There will be a plethora of interesting things to do or if you wish you can just relax and enjoy the ambience of the AREC grounds, Mudgee surroundings or use the opportunity to socialise.
Thanks to my enthusiastic team of helpers I am sure that everyone who comes along will have a ball.
The draft programme, information about the muster and registration form is now available on line please click here
For those who prefer the print version it is in the next edition of the Nomad which members will receive very soon.
If you have any unanswered questions or require further info please contact me
On behalf of the ACC Sydney City Slickers we look forward to meeting up with you in October
Safe travels in the meantime
Kids In Tow Announced
With the increasing number of new traveling families, the need for a national club focusing on families was overdue. Realising this, it was mentioned to the board at the Mallacoota muster, and within a heartbeat, we had ourselves a job.
K.I.T. is here! The new Kids In Tow group is being put together by your club, the ACC. Soon you’ll be able to go around the corner or around the country to meet up with other K.I.T. members.
Along with parents, there are also lot ofmembers that would love the opportunity totake the grandkids away with them. The problem was, what to do with them? How do you keep them amused? Well how good would it be if, once you arrived at the camp, there were other kids doing the same thing? Now it’s possible.
Let everyone know that KIDS IN TOW is here - It’s where kids come first, and it’s free to join!
Don’t worry! We are not planning to bring the kids and take over your branch muster. In fact, just the opposite! K.I.T. is being set up as an ACC- Special Interest Group (SIG). We'll have our own musters just as ACC branches do.
Since K.I.T. is a Special Interest Group(S.I.G.), you can belong to a branch and a S.I.G. at the same time. You don't have to leave your branch to join. Of course, people wanting to join K.I.T. MUST be a financial member of ACC.
If you look at the brochures downloadable here, you’ll see it designed one side for the parents and th other side for the kids - with a bit of tongue in cheek. We have some good things planned but, as we are putting kids safety first, we have concentrated on this. One thing is, we won’t be promoting where the musters will be on the web or in the Nomad. This will be done through our closed Kids In Tow Facebook site or via email. There will also be a closed group for K.I.T. located on the ACC website.
K.I.T. is where kids come first, and stranger danger is a big concern. So, we have set down a few guidelines. One is - you must have at least one child under age of 18 years to join (special exceptions are available).
Sorry, no kids = No go.
We are wanting to create a good family club with good family values. So, we have a clause, “if you can’t do it, use it or say it in front of your grandmother or a policeman, then it won’t be accepted.”
We will also be contacting the local police where the muster will be held and letting them know that K.I.T. is in town. We will invite them to do a drive-by to meet us. This will allow the kids to see that policemen and women are real people too. It gives them a chance to talk to the kids about local or current issues; and if the police are hanging around, this will reduce the risk of ‘stranger danger’.
Younger families are often still working people and can be quite busy with sports, etc. Therefore, there is no minimum time they need to attend and no committee to join.
To get the kids involved in developing their club, during the next 12 months, we will be running a competition for the K.I.T. kids to design their own ACC Kids In Tow logo.
Our long-term goal is to have our own musters in the school holidays. These will probably be state-based.
So, bring your kids, grandkids or great grandkids... or borrow one from you neighbours. If you have any suggestions or feedback, we’d love to hear
At the time of writing this article we have only 1 family in the group, ours. But, we are off to launch at the RV shows in February so I’ll keep you posted on how our new family is growing. We hope to see you soon!
Colin and Natali Hopgood
Live, Love and Laugh!
or Download an Application Form
**** NEWS FLASH ****
CHANGE OF VENUE
2013 ACC NATIONAL MUSTER
Australian Rural Education Centre
Ulan Road Mudgee NSW
14-20 October 2013
- SEE - take in the inspiring landscape & breathtaking scenery
- HEAR - great music or Mother Nature's soothing acoustics
- SMELL - the enticing aromas of local produce, wine & flora
- TASTE - the tantalising variety of premium wine & gourmet food
- TOUCH - feel invigorated & alive as you truly indulge your senses
When you drive into Mudgee it is a sight to behold with rolling hills, gorgeous mountains oozing with countryside peace and a warm fuzzy feeling. Mudgee is also blessed with historic buildings so slip on your walking shoes, pick up a Historic Walking map and set out for a interesting walk around Mudgee’s historic buildings, Described by the National Trust as ‘one of the finest groups of townscape in a country area’
Mudgee has many activities and attractions for everyone, and offers a wealth of shopping experiences. Boutique shopping, cafes and restaurants, markets and a vibrant arts community give the town an edge.
Page 1 of 4<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next > End >>
Member Sign In
- ACC Border Hoppers - Yarrawonga Muster (May 31, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Gold Coast Gadabouts - Yarraman Muster (June 06, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Western Wallabies - Greenhills Muster (June 07, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Hunter Ramblers - Cassilis Muster (June 08, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Family Firesiders - Kenilworth Muster (June 08, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Gippsland Gypsies - Yanakie Muster (June 08, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Country Cruisers - Goomburra Muster (June 12, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Wide Bay Burnett Nomads - Crows Nest Muster (June 14, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Moreton Bay Drifters Pomona Muster (June 19, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Southern Cross Overlanders - Lameroo Muster (June 21, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Northern Bushwhackers - Boomi Muster (June 21, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Southern Highlanders - Cessnock to Tuncurry TagAlong (June 27, 2013 10:00)
- Southerly Busters - Batemans Bay Muster (June 28, 2013 10:00)
- Sydney City Slickers - Temora Tag Along (July 02, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Western Wallabies - Jennacubbine Muster (July 05, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Sundowners - Strathalbyn Muster (July 05, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Country Cruisers - Cambooya Muster (July 10, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Lakeside Drifters - Budgewoi Muster (July 12, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Hunter Ramblers - East Gresford Muster (July 19, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Family Firesiders - Cobb and Co Muster (Near Gympie) (July 20, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Southern Cross Overlanders - Port Wakefield to Riverton Tag-Along (July 23, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Gold Coast Gadabouts - Boonah Muster (Joint with Sunshine Nomads) (July 25, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Swan River Rovers Bruce Rock Muster (July 26, 2013 10:00)
- ACC Southern Cross Overlanders - Riverton Muster (August 02, 2013 10:00)
- Sydney City Slickers - Gloucester Tag Along and Muster (August 04, 2013 10:00)