Bushtrekker Branch Formed
The 30th branch of the ACC was formed at the recent Chairman's muster at Maryborough.
This branch will be known as the Bushtrekkers and is centered around the SE of Queensland.
The Bushtrekker's focus will be on independent camping at unpowered venues such as State forests, National Parks and other more natural campgrounds. Musters and tag-a-longs are planned with an emphasis on active participation in visiting local attractions and outdoor activities.
Their first muster will be held at Biggriggen Camp Grounds, near Rathdowney, from August 14th to 19th.
Any current ACC members or others interested and wishing to come along to visit are welcome to attend.
(Please note that this is an unpowered venue though showers and toilets are available.)
A new Branch for Western Australia
Following a highly successful 2014 Perth Caravan and Camping Show and follow up Meet and Greet at Willowbrook Farm Caravan Park, West Gin Gin, the board approved the formation of a third branch for WA on the 8th May 2014. To be known as the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers the branch has started with 25 enthusiastic members (13 member units).
All branch members have now met for the first time at their inaugural muster held at Goomalling on the weekend of 13th- 15th June 2014 where the new branch committee was elected and a great time was had by all. Judging by the friendliness, enthusiasm and commitment, it is apparent that the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers have begun on an extremely sound footing.
We welcome the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers as the 28th Branch of the ACC and trust that members have many happy musters in the years ahead.
President: Doug Meikle
Vice President: Brian Currie
Secretary: Monika Schatz
Treasurer: Bev Godfrey
Muster Coordinator: Debbie Depiazzi
Quick Links for Mobile Devices
Our current website template sometimes makes accessing information on the website from a mobile device, iPad, Tablet etc., difficult. Until we can resolve the issue, we've set up a series of links to all the pages on the site under the Help Tab in the Links to Menu Items for Mobile Devices
There is also a red button on the left of most pages that will take you straight to the links page.
Held at the Rural Youth Centre at Carrick in Northern Tasmania, the Tassie Travellers manned a Show Stand for the ACC. 760 exhibitors attracted almost 60,000 people over 3 days & we had our share. We talked to about 200 people, handed out 187 applications, signed up about 15 on the day with many opting to join online because of application details & payment methods.
Topics & issues were similar to any caravan group with the Spirit of Tasmania access & cost being top of the list. Much forum comment on the Spirit revolves around visitors to Tasmania---spare a thought for Tasmanians heading for the warmer climes-we battle for a booking as much or more than you as visitors. We believe access & capacity relief may be in sight, we’ll keep you posted.
ACC lobbying efforts, KIT & Lone Trekkers, the benefits of Branches in all States, budget camping, Insurance & a myriad of other topics kept 6 of us busy. It was interesting to see people actively seeking us out, looking for advice & asking questions. No touting needed!
The Show has provided good publicity for the ACC, showed us where we can expand as a Branch, & highlighted the growing RV community. Worth all our efforts with a big thank you for all the advice we received in the lead up & a great team effort from our volunteers.
If you get a chance to visit AGFEST while you’re in Tasmania, do so. It’s held at the same time each year with exhibitors catering for every possible interest-it’s not just an agricultural field day, it attracts as many townies as country people.
The young people of Rural Youth run an exceptional event-it’s worth a visit to see how they make it all happen, & contribute $30M to the economy on the way.
The way they run the car parking in paddocks has to be seen to be believed!
New branch formed in Sydney
We are excited to announce the formation of a new branch in the Sydney region named the “ACC Sydney Explorers”.
New Branch in Brisbane Area
“The Brisbane Roustabouts Branch has been established and is already getting started with a twelve month member and family programme about to have approval sought and advertised.
As the name Brisbane suggests, membership of this Branch will primarily come from the Gold and Sunshine Coast, Brisbane metropolitan and Ipswich areas.
An innovative approach is to have a Branch Office open from 8 am to midday Monday to Friday. The Office will handle the administration of Branch activity as well as memberships.
The Branch has also established the ‘Gotago’ Newsletter and this will shortly be on the website.
The Branch emphasis is starting with a small membership and as the reputation for camaraderie and well run musters; tag-alongs evolves, so will the membership expand.
The Branch will have its first ‘real’ muster at Maleny in February where, apart from socialising, the first general meeting will finalise the management team as well as discuss various topics associated with making the Branch prosper.
Page 1 of 5<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next > End >>
Member Sign In
- ACC Wide Bay Burnett Nomads - Lake Monduran Muster (August 22, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Northern BushWhackers - Boomi Muster (August 28, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Western Wallabies - Southern Brook Muster (August 29, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Southern Highlanders - Budgewoi Muster (September 04, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Gold Coast Gadabouts - Iluka Muster (September 04, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Golden Westerners - Temora Muster (September 05, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Lakeside Drifters - Broke Muster (September 10, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Country Cruisers - Killarney Muster (September 10, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Sunshine Nomads - Casino Muster (September 11, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Murray River Ramblers - Barham Muster (September 12, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Southern Cross Overlanders - Mannum Muster (September 12, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Bayside Wanderers - Echuca Muster (September 12, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Family Firesiders - Gympie Muster (September 12, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Southerly Busters - Bungendore Muster (September 12, 2014 10:00)
- Southern Nomads - Barham Muster (September 12, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Brisbane Roustabouts - Family Day - St. Brisbane Heritage Walk (September 14, 2014 09:00)
- ACC Swan River Rovers - Green Head Muster (September 19, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Border Hoppers - Mt. Beauty Muster (September 26, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Golden Westerners - Tagalong to National Muster (September 28, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Moreton Bay Drifters - Tag Along to National Muster (September 28, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Tassie Travellers - Huonville Muster (October 03, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Gippsland Gypsies - Tagalong to Lucindale National Muster (October 05, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Brisbane Roustabouts - Tag-Along to National Muster (October 06, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Northern BushWhackers - Tag-Along to National Muster at Lucindale (October 07, 2014 10:00)
- ACC 2014 National Muster and AGM at Lucindale SA (October 13, 2014 10:00)