Another New Branch
The Board has approved the formation of the ACC Bushrangers Branch. This branch is centred in Victoria and its focus is independent/bush camping, budget camping and tag-alongs. A central activity of the branch will be camp cooking with camp ovens a favoured utensil. Contacts are in the "Contact Us" section of the website.
ACC 8th National Muster October 13-19 Oct 2014
Bushtrekker Branch Formed
The 30th branch of the ACC was formed at the recent Chairman's muster at Maryborough.
This branch will be known as the Bushtrekkers and is centered around the SE of Queensland.
The Bushtrekker's focus will be on independent camping at unpowered venues such as State forests, National Parks and other more natural campgrounds. Musters and tag-a-longs are planned with an emphasis on active participation in visiting local attractions and outdoor activities.
Their first muster will be held at Biggriggen Camp Grounds, near Rathdowney, from August 14th to 19th.
Any current ACC members or others interested and wishing to come along to visit are welcome to attend.
(Please note that this is an unpowered venue though showers and toilets are available.)
A new Branch for Western Australia
Following a highly successful 2014 Perth Caravan and Camping Show and follow up Meet and Greet at Willowbrook Farm Caravan Park, West Gin Gin, the board approved the formation of a third branch for WA on the 8th May 2014. To be known as the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers the branch has started with 25 enthusiastic members (13 member units).
All branch members have now met for the first time at their inaugural muster held at Goomalling on the weekend of 13th- 15th June 2014 where the new branch committee was elected and a great time was had by all. Judging by the friendliness, enthusiasm and commitment, it is apparent that the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers have begun on an extremely sound footing.
We welcome the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers as the 28th Branch of the ACC and trust that members have many happy musters in the years ahead.
President: Doug Meikle
Vice President: Brian Currie
Secretary: Monika Schatz
Treasurer: Bev Godfrey
Muster Coordinator: Debbie Depiazzi
Quick Links for Mobile Devices
Our current website template sometimes makes accessing information on the website from a mobile device, iPad, Tablet etc., difficult. Until we can resolve the issue, we've set up a series of links to all the pages on the site under the Help Tab in the Links to Menu Items for Mobile Devices
There is also a red button on the left of most pages that will take you straight to the links page.
Held at the Rural Youth Centre at Carrick in Northern Tasmania, the Tassie Travellers manned a Show Stand for the ACC. 760 exhibitors attracted almost 60,000 people over 3 days & we had our share. We talked to about 200 people, handed out 187 applications, signed up about 15 on the day with many opting to join online because of application details & payment methods.
Topics & issues were similar to any caravan group with the Spirit of Tasmania access & cost being top of the list. Much forum comment on the Spirit revolves around visitors to Tasmania---spare a thought for Tasmanians heading for the warmer climes-we battle for a booking as much or more than you as visitors. We believe access & capacity relief may be in sight, we’ll keep you posted.
ACC lobbying efforts, KIT & Lone Trekkers, the benefits of Branches in all States, budget camping, Insurance & a myriad of other topics kept 6 of us busy. It was interesting to see people actively seeking us out, looking for advice & asking questions. No touting needed!
The Show has provided good publicity for the ACC, showed us where we can expand as a Branch, & highlighted the growing RV community. Worth all our efforts with a big thank you for all the advice we received in the lead up & a great team effort from our volunteers.
If you get a chance to visit AGFEST while you’re in Tasmania, do so. It’s held at the same time each year with exhibitors catering for every possible interest-it’s not just an agricultural field day, it attracts as many townies as country people.
The young people of Rural Youth run an exceptional event-it’s worth a visit to see how they make it all happen, & contribute $30M to the economy on the way.
The way they run the car parking in paddocks has to be seen to be believed!
Page 1 of 5<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next > End >>
Member Sign In
- ACC Brisbane Roustabouts - Christmas Muster at Mudjimba (December 02, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Bushtrekkers - Glasshouse Mountains Tag Along (December 04, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Moreton Bay Drifters -Kilcoy Muster (December 04, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Northern BushWhackers - Stanthorpe Muster (December 04, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Cooloola Coasters - Christmas Party/Luncheon (December 04, 2014 11:00)
- ACC Murray River Ramblers - Cobram Muster (December 05, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Southerly Busters - Tumut Muster (December 05, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Kids In Tow - Helensvale Muster (December 13, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Kids In Tow - Woodside Muster (January 19, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Gippsland Gypsies - Yackandandah Muster (January 23, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Sydney Explorers - Gerringong Muster (January 30, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Hunter Ramblers - Blacksmiths Muster (January 30, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Brisbane Roustabouts - Mt. Tamborine Muster (February 04, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Bushtrekkers - Yuraygir National Park Muster (February 05, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Swan River Rovers - Bunbury Muster (February 06, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Gold Coast Gadabouts - Pottsville Muster (February 06, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Country Cruisers - Cherrabah Muster (February 11, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Lakeside Drifters - Forster Muster (February 12, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Moreton Bay Drifters - Mt. Warning Muster (February 12, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Tassie Travellers - Ross Muster (February 13, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Capricornia Tourers - Baffle Creek Muster (February 13, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Bushrangers - Lake Colac Muster (February 13, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Sunset Coast Travellers - Manjimup Muster (February 13, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Western Wallabies - Bouvard Muster (February 13, 2015 10:00)
- ACC Southern Nomads - Bendigo Muster (February 20, 2015 10:00)