A new Branch for Western Australia
Following a highly successful 2014 Perth Caravan and Camping Show and follow up Meet and Greet at Willowbrook Farm Caravan Park, West Gin Gin, the board approved the formation of a third branch for WA on the 8th May 2014. To be known as the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers the branch has started with 25 enthusiastic members (13 member units).
All branch members have now met for the first time at their inaugural muster held at Goomalling on the weekend of 13th- 15th June 2014 where the new branch committee was elected and a great time was had by all. Judging by the friendliness, enthusiasm and commitment, it is apparent that the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers have begun on an extremely sound footing.
We welcome the ACC Sunset Coast Travellers as the 28th Branch of the ACC and trust that members have many happy musters in the years ahead.
President: Doug Meikle
Vice President: Brian Currie
Secretary: Monika Schatz
Treasurer: Bev Godfrey
Muster Coordinator: Debbie Depiazzi
Quick Links for Mobile Devices
Our current website template sometimes makes accessing information on the website from a mobile device, iPad, Tablet etc., difficult. Until we can resolve the issue, we've set up a series of links to all the pages on the site under the Help Tab in the Links to Menu Items for Mobile Devices
There is also a red button on the left of most pages that will take you straight to the links page.
Held at the Rural Youth Centre at Carrick in Northern Tasmania, the Tassie Travellers manned a Show Stand for the ACC. 760 exhibitors attracted almost 60,000 people over 3 days & we had our share. We talked to about 200 people, handed out 187 applications, signed up about 15 on the day with many opting to join online because of application details & payment methods.
Topics & issues were similar to any caravan group with the Spirit of Tasmania access & cost being top of the list. Much forum comment on the Spirit revolves around visitors to Tasmania---spare a thought for Tasmanians heading for the warmer climes-we battle for a booking as much or more than you as visitors. We believe access & capacity relief may be in sight, we’ll keep you posted.
ACC lobbying efforts, KIT & Lone Trekkers, the benefits of Branches in all States, budget camping, Insurance & a myriad of other topics kept 6 of us busy. It was interesting to see people actively seeking us out, looking for advice & asking questions. No touting needed!
The Show has provided good publicity for the ACC, showed us where we can expand as a Branch, & highlighted the growing RV community. Worth all our efforts with a big thank you for all the advice we received in the lead up & a great team effort from our volunteers.
If you get a chance to visit AGFEST while you’re in Tasmania, do so. It’s held at the same time each year with exhibitors catering for every possible interest-it’s not just an agricultural field day, it attracts as many townies as country people.
The young people of Rural Youth run an exceptional event-it’s worth a visit to see how they make it all happen, & contribute $30M to the economy on the way.
The way they run the car parking in paddocks has to be seen to be believed!
New branch formed in Sydney
We are excited to announce the formation of a new branch in the Sydney region named the “ACC Sydney Explorers”.
New Branch in Brisbane Area
“The Brisbane Roustabouts Branch has been established and is already getting started with a twelve month member and family programme about to have approval sought and advertised.
As the name Brisbane suggests, membership of this Branch will primarily come from the Gold and Sunshine Coast, Brisbane metropolitan and Ipswich areas.
An innovative approach is to have a Branch Office open from 8 am to midday Monday to Friday. The Office will handle the administration of Branch activity as well as memberships.
The Branch has also established the ‘Gotago’ Newsletter and this will shortly be on the website.
The Branch emphasis is starting with a small membership and as the reputation for camaraderie and well run musters; tag-alongs evolves, so will the membership expand.
The Branch will have its first ‘real’ muster at Maleny in February where, apart from socialising, the first general meeting will finalise the management team as well as discuss various topics associated with making the Branch prosper.
Kids in Tow 1st Birthday
Our Kids In Tow group, has turned one year old!
To celebrate, we are having a lucky K.I.T. member prize of $500 towards your favourite caravan park, or $500 fuel voucher.
This is open to all ACC members that have registered their kids or grandkids with K.I.T.
There is no extra fee to join K.I.T. and with the clubs member benefits such as free FarmStays and discount caravan parks, its now cheaper to take the kids away.
Just click the link and join before the 9th May 2014 for your name to be in the barrel.
Join Australia's only national family caravan and RV club here.
Page 1 of 5<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next > End >>
Member Sign In
- ACC Swan River Rovers - Moora Muster (July 25, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Brisbane Roustabouts - Family Picnic at Jabiru Island (July 27, 2014 11:00)
- ACC Brisbane Roustabouts - Boonah Muster (July 30, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Gold Coast Gadabouts - Pomona Muster (July 31, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Sunshine Nomads - Woodford Muster (July 31, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Lakeside Drifters - Hawks Nest Muster (July 31, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Border Hoppers - Temora Muster (August 01, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Hunter Ramblers - Norah Head Muster (August 01, 2014 10:00)
- New event (August 06, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Moreton Bay Drifters - Jacobs Well Muster (August 07, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Sydney City Slickers - Moree - Lightning Ridge – Bourke Tag Along (August 10, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Sunset Coast Travellers - Toodyay Muster (August 15, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Gippsland Gypsies - Rawson Muster (August 15, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Family Firesiders - Maleny Muster (August 15, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Golden Westerners - Nambucca Heads Muster (August 18, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Wide Bay Burnett Nomads - Lake Monduran Muster (August 22, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Northern BushWhackers - Boomi Muster (August 28, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Western Wallabies - Southern Brook Muster (August 29, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Gold Coast Gadabouts - Iluka Muster (September 04, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Southern Highlanders - Budgewoi Muster (September 04, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Golden Westerners - Temora Muster (September 05, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Country Cruisers - Killarney Muster (September 10, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Lakeside Drifters - Broke Muster (September 10, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Sunshine Nomads - Casino Muster (September 11, 2014 10:00)
- ACC Hunter Ramblers - Chaffey Dam Muster (September 12, 2014 10:00)