ACC Sunshine Nomads - Tara Festival & Camel Races 2019 Tag Along
NOTE: THE ACC ALLOCATION FOR THIS MUSTER IS FULL AND NO FURTHER BOOKINGS CAN BE TAKEN. YOU ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND THE FESTIVAL BUT WILL NEED TO CAMP IN A DIFFERENT AREA. ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE REGISTERED WITH KATHY BURGESS WILL BE ALLOWED ENTRY INTO THE ACC DESIGNATED AREA.
Here are the details of the Tara Festival & Camel Races 2019 tag-a-long
This is a pet friendly tag-a-long
26th July - Friday - Prior to the tag-a-long – Join us and Les Hanslo at ‘Crunch’ Shop 2/354 Mons Road, Forest Glen (n.b. behind the shops) 6.00 pm onwards for live music and South African food. BBQ’s are supplied, BYO plates, cutlery, table, chairs & drinks. You can purchase South African meats for on the BBQ from within the shop. Own camping arrangements required.
27th July – Saturday – Travel to Benarkin Abbey – Free camping at Greg & Brenda Muncks’ property at 17 Grant Rd, Benarkin. There will be a camp oven dinner this night, kindly supplied by Greg & Brenda & the ACC Sunshine Nomads
28th July – Sunday – Travel to Warra – Free camp at Warra Rest Area, Robinson St, Warra – opposite Warra Hotel. Toilets available. Dinner at the local hotel this night for those who are interested
29th July – Monday – Travel to Miles – Free camp at Gil Weir, 6kms South of Miles, 16 Gil Weir Road, Miles. Toilets available. Great Historic Village in Miles & dump point also available.
30th July – Tuesday – Short trip to Condamine River Caravan Park, 6 Wambo Street, Condamine. Have booked the Caravan Park, $25 power & water – a chance to recharge batteries and replenish water supplies prior to arriving in Tara
31st July – Wednesday – Off to Tara for the Festival
5th August – Monday - Make your own way Home
(1) Total cost is $100 per couple, $60 for singles. This covers your camping and festival entry for the 3 days and nights.
(2) Booking can be made on line at www.tarafestivalncamels.org.au. I have reserved the sites but each person is to make their own booking. You do not need to add Australian Caravan Club to the booking as the organisers are only counting total numbers. You can also pay at the gate on arrival, this must be paid in cash and will be a total of $100.
(3) You need to be self sufficient, there is no power or water available on site but there are portable showers and toilets. There is a dump point and water tap at the park next door but you may have to wait in line so please be prepared by having full water tanks before you enter the grounds.
(4)The water in Tara is not potable so you will need to bring enough drinking water for the five days, or alternatively, purchase bottled water in the town.
(5) Dogs are welcome with the usual restrictions but must be happy to be left alone if you go off to the festival for the day.
(6) You will choose your own sites within our area so you do not need to let me know if you want sites together. If you want to be sited together, please plan to arrive together. You will not be permitted to send one or two members in to mark out enough sites for your entire branch, that is unfair to the other attendees.
(8) We will not be having any organised muster activities except Happy Hours and perhaps a morning tea on Thursday if enough people are interested. There will be plenty to do during your time there.